I thought to pass on to The Alewife these wonderful photos of Sunday's 4th Annual Interfaith Solstice Celebration at the Alewife Reservation. I think there was a fellow from The Alewife there but I didn't get a chance to meet him. Ernie Kerwin is the photographer and I'm happy to help tie the following participants to their photos (I'm just around the corner in Tags so c'mon by):
* Mr. Mostafa Elmaghraby - proprietor of North Cambridge Laundromat
* Rev. Jim Adams - Center for Progressive Christianity
* Ms. Elke Jahns - First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church, Harvard Square (Cherokee Flute)
* Ms. Ellen Mass - Friends of Alewife Reservation
* Ms. Diane Elliot - First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church, Harvard Square
* Ernie Kerwin - First Parish Unitarian Universalist Church, Harvard Square
* Moi - First Church Congregational, Davis Square, MA
There are a few others, like Dave Brown, Wildlife Specialist, and several folks from Belmont (including one who spoke about the days of not-long-ago when the Little River teemed with Alewife on their spawning run to Little Pond in Belmont). I'll look through the photos for these folk for you.
I hope this strikes you as a good story for the next issue of The Alewife. After four years, it strikes me as an event not to be overlooked. My heart is always quickened by impromptu neighborhood interfaith gatherings like this.